Header Ads

DAILY MANNA, WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 10, 2018

TOPIC: THE PRINCIPAL THING

TEXT: PROVERBS 3:13-26

KEY VERSE: “Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding” (Proverbs 3:13)

King Solomon made the right choice when he asked God for wisdom to rule instead of asking for riches, power or victory over his enemies. Little did he know at that time that he actually asked for the key to all other blessings. Many in his shoes would have done otherwise. He was adjudged the greatest king ever lived going by the depth of his wisdom, riches and the extent of his kingdom.

Writing from his experience by divine inspiration, Solomon reveals in today’s passage that truly, wisdom has all that mankind really seeks. The value of wisdom is far more than riches and gold or any other material possession. Wisdom comes with long life, wealth, riches, health, honour, real pleasure and true happiness; hence, the admonition to seek wisdom and value it above every other thing.

Foolishness in man is revealed in the way he leaves substance to run after shadows. He things that by getting wealth and riches, he will have peace, be happy and free from worry and anxiety. But this has not been the case. This is why wisdom becomes the principal thing to seek after.

How then does one get this wisdom? Like King Solomon, we must ask from God. It starts with getting your life right with him. This means that you enter into relationship with Him through repentance and faith in Christ’s sacrifice. Then be schooled in the Scriptures as the Bible is the treasure book of wisdom. If you want to have this great wisdom, you must make it a habit to thoughtfully read and meditate on the word of God daily. You also need to live, walk and be guided by the Spirit of wisdom.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: You have all if you have Jesus, the Wisdom of God!
COVER TO COVER: JOB 24-28.

PONDER
1. Check the dictionary or lexicon for the meaning of wisdom.
2. Ponder on the benefits of wisdom in vv13,16-18,22-24?
3. Wisdom is the ability to apply knowledge for the common good. Knowledge, whether of the word of God or secular, that is not applied is just mental with no benefit to any. All human developments, including creation (v19), industrializations, technologies etc are fruits of wisdom not just knowledge.
4. No wisdom without knowledge whereas there can be knowledge without wisdom.
5. First, have hunger for more knowledge in your career, spiritual life, family relationships etc. 2nd, make efforts to seek for it where the genuine one can be found, either in the Bible, good books, schools, godly or professional counsellors, etc.
6. Ask God for it. James ??? It is the greatest determinant of what you become in life. The fear of the Lord is the beginning or starting point of true wisdom proverbs???

HYMN: Thy Word Have I Hid in my Heart

1. Thy Word is a lamp to my feet,
A light to my path alway,
To guide and to save me from sin,
And show me the heav'nly way.

Chorus Thy Word have I hid in my heart
That I might not sin against thee;
That I might not sin, that I might not sin,
Thy word have I hid in my heart.

2.  Forever, O Lord, is thy Word
Established and fixed on high;
Thy faithfulness unto all men
Abideth for ever nigh.

3. At morning, at noon, and at night
I ever will give thee praise;
For thou art my portion, O Lord,
And shall be through all my days!

4. Through him whom thy Word hath foretold,
The Saviour and Morning Star,
Salvation and peace have been brought
To those who have strayed afar.

PRAYER POINTS
1. Ask for the fear of God and salvation which is the beginning of wisdom if you are not saved yet.
2. Ask God for wisdom to be applying the knowledge of the Word for your profits and those that you lead.
3. Lord, give me understanding and reveal to me every form of folly in my life and root them out by your Word and Spirit.
4. Give me thirst for more knowledge and wisdom and teach me to acquire more and more.
5. Give your children in the Church the wisdom that will not just stop at knowledge but proceed all the time to apply it.

No comments

Thanks for your comments. It's highly appreciated